Call For Proposals
Apply to Speak at
CONNECT REIMAGINE 2021
We are looking for diverse speakers to share their technical expertise at our upcoming virtual premier developer conference, Women Who Code CONNECT REIMAGINE 2021, on June 10-11, 2021!
We believe that a conference dedicated to making our industry better should reflect the diversity within it. We take our Code of Conduct seriously, and encourage those of groups traditionally underrepresented in technology to apply. All speakers will find a supportive environment as you prepare for your talk.
Are you ready to submit your talk proposal? Apply to speak at CONNECT REIMAGINE 2021
What we are looking for:
- Technical Categories: Data Science, Machine Learning/AI, Python, Front End, UX/UI, Backend, Mobile, Accessibility, Fullstack Development, Cloud, Blockchain, Cybersecurity, Architecture, Product Management, Inclusive Teams, Career Navigation, Other
- Talk Format: Lightning Talk (15 minutes), Technical Talk (35 minutes), Technical Workshop (50 minutes)
- Mid to senior level professionals in tech with 2+ years of industry experience
- Engineering leaders (CTOs, engineering managers, senior product managers)
- Founders, board members, VCs, executives
Need additional resources to get started?
- Check out our conference talk proposal resources for best practices and ideas.
- Register to join one of our three CFP Speaker Series events! In this three-part series, we will cover our most frequently asked questions regarding selecting the best session format, crafting a talk title, choosing tools, feedback from CFP reviewers, and other resources. We hope to inspire you to submit a talk and share your experience at our upcoming CONNECT conference on June 10-11 2021! You can send your questions ahead of time, or share with the presenters live at one of the sessions. Email email@example.com
- Are you a member of an underrepresented or marginalised group? Have you always wanted to become a tech conference speaker? Sign up for a Global Diversity CFP Day workshop in your region on Saturday, February 20th 2021.
As a speaker you have the opportunity to:
- Expand the reach of your content by sharing your knowledge with the largest and most active community of technical women.
- Inspire others like you to excel in their technical career.
- Receive $100 as an honorarium, to thank you for your time and expertise!
- Elevate your brand as we will be marketing your profile across our different platforms.
- Practice your public speaking skills in front of a large global audience.
- Make new connections with technologists around the world
As a speaker you commit to:
- Join the WWCode speakers channel on Slack and respond to emails when needed.
- Prepare for your session in advance and participate in a practice session on Hopin.
- Sync with the event team before your session.
- Arrive to your session on time (5-10 minutes ahead of session, 30 minutes ahead of keynote).
- Share the event with your friends and professional network using the social media kit and the speaker assets.